Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 11: Heavy

Day 11: Heavy
When I thought about this theme "heavy", one of my favorite music Heavy metal come to my mind. But I have all my CDs etc. in Japan not my current place. Then I decided to put this photo for today. It's my blender/mixer my roommate gave me on Christmas two years ago. He remembered what I said to have this kitchen tool when I have a family in the future is one of my dreams. I was glad to get it and I appreciated it. But this dream meant for my future not now. It's too heavy to bring or send back to Japan. So it's not to insult him but I will leave it in the kitchen when I go back to my country. Thanks a lot. I really like it. But it's really not realistic to bring/send it I'm sorry. It's way too heavy.

12 comments:

  1. That's a very useful gift. I got my wife one several Christmases ago and she loves it. Of course she's not going to Japan any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also considered taking a photograph of my collection of heavy-metal CDs. But my CDs are packed away in boxes because I transferred them all to iTunes on my computer and don't use them anymore.

    As for your mixer, I love it. I cook, and I've always wanted a KitchenAid, which I consider an iconic design. So let me know when you move back to Japan, and I'll drive up to your place and steal the thing. If I can lift it. They are very heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This type of mixer is a heavy kitchen tool - a hand held one would work better for you - but would not be as handsome or impressive! You certainly have a generous friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea for today's theme. I love my KitchenAid and hope that you will get another one in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo is a lasting tribute to your KitchenAid. And not too heavy to take with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I could make so many brownies with one of those! Of course, I guess sending it to Finland wouldn't be much cheaper than sending it to Japan....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking the exact same thing as Meleah.

    Sounds like you have an incredibly wonderful and thoughtful roommate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suppose you'd have to buy your KitchenAid its own seat on the plane. Too bad you can't take it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those things are heavy and one of the best brands for baking. hope it served you well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is, indeed, a heavy duty mixer!

    ReplyDelete